Color Me Yellow

Image result for polen de los pinosWhy did I wash the car? 

Why did I hang the clothes out to dry?

Why did I open the windows?

Why can't I remember that every year at the same time the pine trees that surround us release their pollen and cover everything with a film of yellow dust? Now, I have to shake my clothes out before I put them on, or wash them again. And every time I sweep, a small cloud of yellow dust swirls in the air. And now the car looks like it hasn't been washed in two months. The fact that it hasn't rained in a couple of weeks makes the pollen lighter and last longer. It's a good thing it's one of the few pollens I'm not allergic to, but I know some people that feel like they have permanent colds these days. 

The good thing is that it's almost at an end. I think. Let me close the windows. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not So Fast, 9. Fairness.

We're Moving!

In Normal Times, 1. Blinking Awake.