Save Your Energy

Hatred.

Why do people hate?

What makes someone actively do whatever is in their power to make someone's life miserable just because they hate them?

This month I have been subjected to social problems that are beyond my ken. This isn't to say that I have never experienced such problems before. I have, when I was a child, and not fully aware of all the impacts. But not within my adult life.

I am mostly a positive person. I prefer to do good to others, or just be there and make sympathetic noises when I have no idea what else to do. I am also realistic, and know that people will act irrationally when their own economic and social interests are challenged. But I never go out of my way to challenge anyone. We each live our own lives and do what we can to live our days as well as possible. I have enough problems of my own to try to make problems for others. It's not within me to make machiavellian plans to destroy others or make their lives difficult.

I have realized that it takes a lot of energy. It takes a lot of energy to respond to hatred, but it also takes energy to hate. Life itself drains one of energy when we try to forge ahead. When we have problems to respond to, it takes energy to solve them. How much more energy it takes to actively hate someone and make plans to make their life miserable! I don't understand why someone would take that energy from their own lives and divert it to making someone else even more fatigued. 

I tend to avoid negative people. If there is a person who I know will hate me for whatever reason, I avoid that person and keep as much distance as possible. It saves time, energy, and heartache. That person will never change, and there is no reason to spend my time on someone who only wishes me ill. So, when I am searched out, it confuses me. I have not given reasons for hatred, or at least I have tried not to. Why spend energy on hating?

Perhaps the reason behind hatred is to make the hated as miserable as the hater already is. I know that I have closed my mind against the beauty of the world these days, and that hurts. It hurts that someone's hatred should fill my mind rather than my own thoughts. 

Hatred is stupid and draining, and it makes no sense. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not So Fast, 9. Fairness.

We're Moving!

In Normal Times, 1. Blinking Awake.