Hey, Morning! Get Back Here!

Time. It's just not there. When I wake up in the morning I think I will have time to do everything I propose to do before making lunch. In my dreams, maybe. In reality, no. 

I wake up and I want to sleep in. I promise myself I will go to bed earlier tonight. Like I promise myself every morning. Not that I will actually do what I promise myself. I can't sleep in. I have to get up. 

Get up, wash, get dressed. Make breakfast. Think of what I want to accomplish this morning. Look at the clock. Already? Check internet. Get caught up in interesting articles. Look at the clock. No way! 

Finish breakfast. Do chores. Go back to the computer from time to time to check on things and think about what to write. Open up the story I'm trying to fix, hoping to get to it today. Finally close that window before going to bed without having touched it. 

Go out on an errand. It will only take a half hour. Cruise around town five times before finding a parking space. Buy what I need. Wait in line ten minutes to pay for the item I picked up in one. Forego going to another shop, leave it for another day. Drive home. Half hour? An hour and a half!

Take clothes to the washing machine. Hope it finishes in time for the clothes to dry in the (wow!) sun for a couple of hours this afternoon. Look at the pastel painting I began almost a year ago. Realize I will never become an artist, but at least I can have fun with color. If I had a half hour to sit down and choose colors. Look at the clock. I hate you

Start making lunch. Sigh that the morning has disappeared. Think about classes this afternoon. Stop thinking about classes this afternoon. While food cooks on its own, sit and write. Check information to make sure it's correct and not a figment of my imagination. Run to take the pan off the fire. Come back and finish writing a sentence. 

Sit and eat lunch when my husband shows up for his lunch break. Think of all I want to do the next morning. Promise myself I will try to do most of it. Sigh when I realize it will be a mirror of the morning that has just disappeared.

Image result for time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not So Fast, 9. Fairness.

We're Moving!

In Normal Times, 1. Blinking Awake.