Sniff, Sniffle

I love this. I have allergies that haven't shown their face in at least a year. I haven't had a cold in a few months. I have no idea what I have today. It began yesterday, with unfettered sneezing and a runny nose. It continues today with a runny and stuffed nose, though the sneezing has done me a favor and gone away. Yet, I don't have the other symptoms of a cold. But it's not quite like an allergy attack. It's so lovely to not know what you have.

Of course, it would appear (whatever it is) on the weekend. On Saturday, when I have a ton of clothes to separate and wash and hang. When I have to do the weekly big grocery shopping. When I have to do what I didn't do during the week. And it continues on Sunday, when I have to make the usual big lunch. And continue with the clothes. And finish what I didn't finish on Saturday. No, it couldn't have attacked me during the week, when all I would have to do is call a few kids and tell them there's no class. Then I would just vegetate while this thing went away. 

Gee, I would love to be a little kid again and have my ma tuck me into bed, with books around me, hot chocolate on the nightstand, and cartoons on the television. Can I go back in time whenever I get sick? 

Image result for tucked into bed while sick

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not So Fast, 9. Fairness.

We're Moving!

In Normal Times, 1. Blinking Awake.