Falling Back, 17. October Worries.

School begins tomorrow for me. I hope it can continue without unexpected interruptions till June. But I don't know. Two children at one of the primary schools in town got infected. Those are almost over the virus. But another one has just been infected at the same school.

Secondary school began last week. At the moment, in our township, there are no infections in it. But in the next township, there are two, one in each secondary school there. I suspect it's only a matter of time.

Yesterday, our township had 27 infected. The next town, 26. These two towns are the ones with the most sick and quarantined in the area. I fear that one of my students might bring the virus with him, eventually. 

I have discovered my air purifier doesn't like cooking smells nor woodsmoke. It's going to be a noisy winter. At least the kids will wear masks, I'll spray everything with alcohol, and I'll find a mask more comfortable to wear in winter, and that will let me talk. I hope.

Madrid is doing horribly against the virus. It's the worst area in all of Europe. Yet, the regional president doesn't want to shut the capital city down, much less the region. She won't think about closing hostelry establishments for two weeks because of the impact the national lockdown had on them. But, because of that, the possibility of a nation-wide lockdown begins to loom on the horizon. Again. Back in March, it was Euskadi and Madrid that had the frightening amounts of contagion. The rest of the country was still in time to contain it, but a state of alarm was issued and the whole country went into quarantine. Now, 43% of all new contagion yesterday, well over eleven thousand, happened in Madrid. I don't want to have to stay at home again just because no one in Madrid wants to limit movements for just two weeks. 

And right on time, the first named storm of the fall will hit us on Friday. There are orange alerts out for wind gusts on the north coast. I kidded my daughter with this, because the storm will bear her name - Alex. It's no wonder it's dangerous. 

Right at the beginning of October, sweater weather will arrive. The forecast for next week is 90% chance of rain. So begins the winter here. I might as well put away the lightweight pants and take out the jeans. And the long-sleeve t-shirts. And socks. Getting dressed in the morning will become more complicated. 

Can't wait for summer.

Life continues.

Still Life, School, Retro, Ink, Table

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not So Fast, 9. Fairness.

We're Moving!

In Normal Times, 1. Blinking Awake.