New Year, Same Old, 3. Clarification.

Sometimes I think I must sound perpetually angry or dissatisfied. But I'm not. What gets me riled up is what tends to drive me to write. There are so many things wrong in this world that I wish I could right. Of course, that's impossible, so I simply express my discontent. That doesn't mean I have a permanent frown on my face.

These things are important, and do impact on life. The pandemic, stupid politicians, idiots who think they are better than others merely because of their skin, where they were born, or how they think. The negative side of life expressed as asses who think they won't get sick, or that the pandemic is a hoax because their brother's brother-in-law said so. Those things easily end up affecting me and everyone. But they are not the only things that exist.

The little moments that make me laugh, that show up beauty in the ray of sunlight, that give me a huggy, soft feeling, those are the things that matter. There are more moments of contentment in my life than there are of discontent. A happy life does not consist of being continuously happy. It consists of a kaleidescope of good moments interspersed with the bad. The bad always stand out, but the good ones are the ones underneath that cement everything into a good life. 

There are days when it seems that the worst things are all there are, and there is only rage and sadness. And then some little thing happens, and I know that there are good things out there, too, even if I can't see them at that moment. My pessimism relaxes a little, then. There is a good side to life, and a funny one. They aren't always easy to see, but they are there, and that is what matters. 

So, the pandemic will end sometime. We will get vaccinated against it and life will return to normal, if not late this year, then next. We will be able to set aside some money of some kind, and make another trip when we are able to, to another beautiful spot. The weather will become warmer, and winter will end. In the meantime, there is still beauty and love in the world, we merely have to stop and look around. They are there, even if they're hiding some days. 

Life continues.

 Smile, Laugh, Luck, Happy, Joy, Smiling

Comments

  1. Thanks to these little moments of happiness.
    We must look for them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not So Fast, 9. Fairness.

We're Moving!

In Normal Times, 1. Blinking Awake.