Chronicles of the Virus Day 30

It's been thirty days. A month. I miss many things, but perhaps, what I miss most is the carefree sense to the days. There were (and still are) plenty of daily worries. But among them were not the fears of getting sick, being hospitalized, or worries of being caught and fined for doing something not permitted in these times. In the cities and towns, I assume many fear nosy neighbors that might call the police on them for mundane things such as going to an ATM on another street, or taking out the trash. 

Today, I decided I needed to go to an ATM, myself, and take my growing shopping list to the supermarket. At eleven thirty I decided to head out, thinking there would be time enough to come home and make lunch for one o'clock.

Heh, heh, no. I went to the ATM, waited my turn, did my stuff, and then drove up to the supermarket. In normal times, I go to the next township, visit the Eroski, the Gadis, and the Lidl. Now, I have to visit the local Eroski, and the Mercadona (I don't like it as much, but their cans of cat food are cheaper than at the Eroski.). After a couple of rings around the block, I came back home. There was no place to park the car. So, I had to go after lunch when my husband left for his afternoon shift. I had to make sure I had enough time before the Eroski closed for a half hour at three o'clock, and be able to be home in time for my lonely, Monday Whatsapp English class at four. Then, after five, I have projects of my own to work on. Who said confinement was a mindless day at home with no time crunch?

Some neighbors with nice, long balconies decided to go for a walk. Another neighbor across the street filmed them and made a running commentary on the Formula 1 race in front of him. Another person had the ingenious idea of creating a continuous flow of water using four watering cans. I have no idea of the physics behind it. 

I won't put up the link to the video of a naked woman climbing on top of a police car in Torremolinos. Suffice it to say that she had been taken to the police station for having left the house with no reason. When she was let go, she decided to take off her clothes and stand on the roof of the police car. When she got down, she was handcuffed again and taken back into the station. Apparently, she's been referred to a hospital. 

I also saw a small article on a black mass that was broken up near Barcelona, of a plane sent to Congo to pick up European citizens shot at by a policeman, and some people without souls that put up signs in the hallways of their apartment buildings, telling the nurses and doctors that live there to not come home at the end of their shifts, in case they bring Covid-19 with them. The world was never very sane, and it seems to have gotten more insane with this pandemic. At least a few decide to regale us with laughs.

Life continues.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not So Fast, 9. Fairness.

We're Moving!

In Normal Times, 1. Blinking Awake.