Chronicles of the Virus Day 31. Surrounded by Thunder

Today is a sparkling, warm day, albeit with thundershowers around us. I just hope they go off to the north and to the south of us so that my sheets can dry in the warm, blossom-laden sun.

Today is truly a lazy day. I don't have any long-distance class, and I don't have to go anywhere. So, I do some housework, and just read, play with the cats, sit in the sun, and enjoy the present moment. We are still healthy, and my allergies are kept at bay by a little pill. 

I have been looking at some of my art books again. I started a small pastel drawing, and my memory of color is returning. I'd also forgotten how much concentration it takes, especially because I wasn't born with the ease of seeing and capturing that some people have. I've had to learn to see, and I still make mistakes. It will never be easy, but it can be rewarding when something I undertake interprets my vision of it for others. 

There are stories of people being small-minded, and leaving notes in the entryway of their apartment buildings, asking those residents who work in supermarkets or in hospitals, to find somewhere else to stay while this pandemic is raging, so they don't bring the virus home. I bet those same people that leave those notes then applaud the health care workers every evening at eight o'clock. 

And then there are the neighbors who make sure everyone is at their windows and clapping. One left a note saying those who didn't should get a fine or a letter, or some other push so they come out and clap. These people are also in charge of making sure no one is on the street without a valid reason, and call the police to inform them of "infractors." I bet these are the neighbors who, in other times, would be called "collaborators." And I think most of us know what happened to collaborators when the war ended.

No, I don't think that thundershower is going to hold off. Sheets!

Okay, now. After so many days of quarantine, some people are getting antsy and have got plenty of time on their hands to do things to while the time away. In this video, people go from cooking a barbecue by video, to chasing the cat and the dog, to drinking lots of beer to create an audience, to feeding the pigeons by video conference. Apart from necessity, boredom also helped a few inventions be born.

Life continues.

 

Comments

  1. I guess writing notes gives them something to do. Fear makes people very selfish. I agree, much creativity is being born right now. With spring finally coming, I know you will find the colors to fill your palette. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not So Fast, 9. Fairness.

We're Moving!

In Normal Times, 1. Blinking Awake.