Tsunami, 30. Seeing Red

This morning I went walking again, around the hill behind our house that I crowned on Saturday. It wasn't as long a walk as I had thought. The good thing is that my body is beginning to re-adapt.

While I was on my last leg, deep in the woods, I received a phone call. It was Movistar, on the installation I was awaiting. This past Saturday, at midday, a technician had come by to see where to install the box for the fiber hookup. He looked around, and decided he would send in a map to install it where there is a copper box now, on a post inside my property. Fine. 

But the woman on the line said that my installation was denied. Apparently, two neighbors would not sign permission to allow the technicians to install the box. ???!!!!???? I held the phone away from my head and started swearing up and down, the birds listening attentively. I then calmly explained that the technician had said he would send in a report to put the box on a pole that was standing upright in my property. She said that the report in front of her had the denial of permission by the neighbors, and that there was nothing else to do. Did I want to contract internet by radio? It would be 3G service and allow me to connect to internet via wifi.

I explained in clipped tones, that I already had 4G wifi service provided by Orange because I had no mobile or wifi coverage of Movistar where I lived. But that I did have a fiber cable that I had permitted to be installed above my house, and that I wanted that service. She repeated the mantra that that wasn't possible at this time, and to begin again with the request for installation within three weeks, to see if it was possible at a later date. 

I just hung up and finished my walk in a foul mood. When I was calmer I called the store where this odyssey had started. The amiable young man explained that I could try it again, or to do a speed test on someone's Movistar phone at my house. If, in the precise location of my house there was coverage, I could get a SIM card from Digi Mobil, and insert it in my wifi router. I would have unlimited data with them. The problem was that they worked with the Movistar network, which was why I should do the speed test on a Movistar phone. Great.

I am going to complain at consumer associations. Not that much will happen, probably, but they've gotten me mad and I'm going to call them out. It seems in this little spot we're still in the nineteenth century.

Life continues.

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not So Fast, 9. Fairness.

We're Moving!

In Normal Times, 1. Blinking Awake.