Tsunami, 31. Phone Pitch.

I suppose that, given all the action I've been having with phone companies over the failed fiber connection, it is only natural to find that I am getting sales pitch calls various times a day. The biggest offender has been JazzTel at the moment, ever since they called me the other afternoon and I said I couldn't talk at the moment. They called again last evening. Again, I replied I was too busy. They called again on my morning walk this morning. And they called me again this midday.

Finally, I stopped and simply replied, "I'm not interested in changing." At this point, most will ask me for my reason. I usually reply I'm not in the market at the moment. If I know it's a company, like Vodafone, that has no coverage here, I tell them that. Now, if the sales person realizes from my tone of voice that there's about as much of a chance of a sale here, as there is of Virgil returning to lead them through the circles of Hell unscathed, they will desist. However, most still think they'll get their commission, and continue to push. What company am I now with? Aren't I interested in saving money? Wouldn't I like a better connection? I generally end up hanging up on them. Once, a woman replied to my assertion that I didn't have coverage from Vodafone here, by asking why could she talk to me, then, since her phone was a Vodafone line. I just pulled the phone away from my ear, looked at it, and hung up. 

My daughter says they're only doing their job. Fine. But once they get the general drift, they would do better to call someone else. Calling me with an offer is the least likely way I will change my service operator. I'll do my own research and decide on my own whenever I want to change operators. Shoving merchandise in my face, telling me I'd be crazy to pass over an offer is something I have always hated. At supermarkets, I will steer clear of people offering free samples. If it's something I was going to buy, then fine. Otherwise, no. 

Another peeve today for me is Google's satellite pictures. I was following a path when it disappeared into a wall of broom. It turns out that the correct path is further up. It set me back and I decided to cut short my walk because of the time I had lost. On weekday mornings, my time is not all my own. Tomorrow I might give it a rest, and I'm thinking of a longer walk on Sunday afternoon if the weather holds. 

There is talk of opening up the different regions for Holy Week. Please, no. Yes, I really would love to spend a day driving through Asturias, or León, or the north of Portugal. But it's not the time to do so, yet. We've just been allowed to leave our townships. Let's not bring contagion back up for the rest of spring. Let's continue with the vaccination, and try to get as many immunized as possible, before we start travelling, again.

Life continues.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not So Fast, 9. Fairness.

We're Moving!

In Normal Times, 1. Blinking Awake.